Monday, November 3, 2014

In the midst of the storm

Dear Emmersyn,

       Today I woke up to see the snow falling peacefully to the ground. Now growing up in Wyoming, you will learn that there are very few times the wind is not blowing, so it is rare for snow to fall peacefully without getting blown around. As I stood there at the window watching the snow fall, it dawned on me how beautiful and peaceful the storm was in this moment. The traffic on the slick streets on the way to work this morning was definitely not peaceful, and the dreary day and overcast sky was not beautiful. But in that moment, I was reminded that in every storm there is still peace and beauty. You just have to look at it differently. I took a moment to just stand there in front of the window and watch the fluffy white flakes float softly to the ground. (And it may have made us all a little late this morning).
     With the MRI of your brain and spine and visit with NeuroOncology a little over a week away, I needed this gentle reminder. Storm clouds have been brewing, and I have been letting the winds of worry tear me apart. But with one morning snow storm, God reminded me to "Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10. Today, we are enjoying the stillness of the storm and respite from the chaos.
      Never forget to see the beauty in life. Through every storm there is beauty, and in all chaos there is peace. If you cannot find it, try a different view, but keep looking. If nothing else, cultivate your own inner peace to be so strong, that no degree of chaos can ever disrupt it.

Love you Always
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment